I hope you all are enjoying this Work at Home Wednesday series! I get kind of excited to talk more about what I do when I’m not blogging, so it has been fun to share more about it. Today I’m talking about my office essentials, or really just things I use every day to make me more productive, organized and that help me enjoy my workdays a little bit better.
Working Essential Oil Combination // When I “go to work” each morning I try to do some setting up and making it feel like an official work space. My current fall morning/workday essential oil combination is Stress Away, Orange and Cinnamon Bark (although sometimes I’ll switch that last one out for Bergamot because I really like it).
All summer I was using a combination of Joy, Grapefruit and Bergamot and everyone that came to our house would comment on it. I called it the “Happy Blend” because it really smelled and felt that way when it was diffusing. I would like to find a piney or pepperminty combination for winter so if you have any recommendations, send them my way!
On My Desk // Everyone has their go-to things in their office that you have to have to get through the day. So here are my everyday must-haves at work:
- Blue Light Filtering Glasses: I started wearing these about a month ago to help me deal with eye strain from spending the better part of the day at my computer or in front of my phone. I’m not sure if they’re working but I feel better when I use them – and Clint even got himself a pair too!
- Well-Kept Wipes: I’ve liked these for a long time. In fact, I carry them in my purse to clean my phone and laptop screen and we use their fitness wipes for the Peloton bike and our mats. They work really well and the pretty packaging is also something that makes me like them even more.
- Planning Notepads // I’m a list person and I love making to do lists. It’s the first thing I do every day when I sit down at my desk. AND I send my team a Status Update E-mail every morning that they tell me serves as their work to do list. I really like the Erin Condren notepads just for keeping things organized and listing top priorities. Her stuff is all so colorful and pretty too!
- Rifle Paper Notebooks // I got my first one of these at The Blog Societies Conference in the summer and I love carrying one around in my bag and also keeping one on my desk. I use these for client and blog post ideas, random grocery lists or just notes to myself of things I need to do when I’m on the go.
- Colleen Rothschild Lip Balm // When I’m writing and concentrating, I either lick or bite my lips a lot (which sounds gross), so my lips are crazy dry by the end of the day. I try to do a better, more consistent job of applying lip balm at least a couple of times during the day and this Colleen Rothschild one is a favorite of mine. It’s really smoothing and hydrating and it is also supposed to help with the health of your skin around your lips
- YETI Coffee Tumbler // I know you see these everywhere but if you’ve wondered whether or not they’re worth it, I’m just going to tell you that they are. We had the RTIC Tumblers too and I just really like this one better. It keeps my coffee SO warm for SO long and, honestly, I like this particular pink color so that’s why I got it.
- Sticky Socks // I’ve always loved these type of socks and slippers. I wear them more in the winter when I’m working because I will come home from school drop-off and leave my boots outside to wear these in the house. They’re cozy and comfortable and my office gets cold so I like them – even if my oldest son makes fun of them from time to time!
Favorite “Working” Pandora Station // Clint and I somehow discovered The Piano Guys a few months ago and just LOVED them, and ended up creating a Pandora station for The Piano Guys radio. It’s our go-to background music to have on in the house instead of having a TV on and it’s really just great!
The TV in my office uses a Roku, so I get Pandora on it and after I watch CBS This Morning, my TV goes right over to Pandora and onto The Piano Guys Radio. It just sets the right vibe for me and I’m not distracted by whatever may pop up on TV. Not to say that I don’t have days where I have Housewives shows on in the background, but I try to keep those at a minimum!