Sparkle, color, what to wear? That’s usually the thoughts that go through my head first when I’m getting ready for a holiday event (as I try to think of what to wear Christmas Eve / Christmas Day at this very moment). No big surprise that I’m usually more focused on what I’m going to wear than what my hair or makeup will be, but the holidays are a perfect time to try a little something new and fun with beauty.
- Start with a fresh, clean and moisturized face
- A primer and base can really help set up your makeup for perfect application
- A little camouflage goes a long way (this miracle product, right here, is amazing)
- Keep the shadows a little more muted and neutral to let the liner really take center stage (shadow colors we used: Plum Smoke, Buttercream, Ginger, Pearl Fantasy (limited edition), Noir, Pewter)
- With the liner: start at the center of your eye and work toward the edges. You want to make sure there are no breaks in the liner between your lashes (see next tip on this) for the best results. Add the “wings” at the end, NOT in one swish of the brush, it is much easier to achieve the best results this way. Laura Mercier has a really great brush for this, which I highly recommend to really execute the look properly.
- The signature Laura Mercier tight line really opens up the eye and draws a clean, solid line between the lashes (and is even great for contact lens wearers like me)