When 2019 started, I seriously committed to getting into a good and consistent skincare routine. And I did really well until February rolled around. Wild winter weather, so many snow days, a stressful work schedule and nonstop birthday madness for the boys really got to me. My consistency in anything went down the drain and that included working out, healthy eating and my skincare routine. Big time.
We’re talking about a serious February funk that I’m feeling big time these days, so I had a good long talk with myself (a.k.a. didn’t sleep at all on Saturday night) and decided to take baby steps to get back on track and make March healthier, happier and a little less stressful!
First baby step: revive my skincare routine.
It’s an easy thing to start with, plus my skin has been feeling like crap, really dull and dry, so I know that if I start to see improvement there, it’ll be a good step in feeling better overall. Like I said, baby steps.
I do love a good routine too, and when I change things up for my skincare, I like to put it in writing in my bathroom so that I stick to it. I also find the steps of especially a nighttime routine to be really soothing and helpful in getting a good night’s sleep.
When I wrote this down for myself, I figured I would share it with you all, as well. Partially to make myself accountable, and partially in case anyone else was in the same boat and wanted to get a little jump start to getting back into good habits. Like I said, my skin has been feeling dry and dull, but oddly also congested, so my goal with this is hydrated, glowing, more radiant skin.
The Routine: Morning
Toner: Colleen Rothschild Matcha Tea Toner
Eye Cream: skinbetter Eye
**Then seal in everything so far with my BeautyBio Rose Quartz Roller
Extras: BeautyBio the Pout
The Routine: Evening
Cleanser: Colleen Rothschild Radiant Cleansing Balm
Toner: Tata Harper Hydrating Floral Essence
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday: GloPro
- Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday or Sunday: Mask Days (alternating between Colleen Rothschild Pomegranate & AHA Resurfacing Mask & Intense Hydrating Mask). I’m also thinking of getting this Beautycounter Overnight Peel.
A few other things I’m working on are:
- Drinking more water: I’ve been AWFUL at this lately, I go from coffee to LaCroix to wine and that’s not good.
- Cutting out alcohol and sugar: yup, it’s time to reset!
- Vitamins: I have really been wanting to try HUM Nutrition supplements for a while so I took their quiz and ordered Here Comes the Sun (Vitamin D), Gut Instinct (Probiotic) and Flatter Me (for digestion and bloating).
I also took a before photo of my skin so that I can compare in a month and see how I did!
Shop the Post
Photos thanks to Eleven Creative.