I hope you all had a great week! I was hoping to do more blogging this past week but since it was the boys’ first week back in school, I ended up spending a lot of time working and just running family-related errands and catching up around the house. I also started to get back into my workout routine, which felt so good. I think this season is going to be one of a lot of updates and new things, which I’m excited about! Last weekend I got on a cleaning kick and got rid of expired, old and rarely used makeup and skincare products from my bathroom. It was such a good feeling to get rid of things that were taking up “just in case” space. I also got to notice some of the gaps in product needs and can start shopping smarter to get things I need. There are a lot of great beauty events happening right now and one of them is the Neiman Marcus Fall Beauty event. With this one, when you spend $125 you get a tote filled with lots of great samples (I got the blue one and it’s really cute!), and if you spend $300, you’ll also get a rose gold travel brush set.
If you want to update your skincare:
- If you haven’t tried Vintner’s Daughter serum, you MUST. TRY. IT. I’ll continually rave about it as the best serum I’ve ever used and I can always tell when I’ve been using it regularly because of how glowy my skin is.
- I have a big post about my Tata Harper skincare routine coming up, but if you buy one product to start with, you should get the Regenerating Cleanser. It’s a gentle exfoliating cleanser that you can use every day and your skin will be so soft and smooth after regular use, you’ll just love it.
If you want a makeup update:
- I was watching YouTube tutorials last weekend and when I went to replicate one, I realized that this Tom Ford blush was in my drawer and I was reminded how much I love it. The shade I have is Frantic Pink and it is the perfect light flush of pink!
- Along with the Laura Mercier Palette in the collage, if you’re looking for a full makeup makeover, try one of Trish McEvoy’s Makeup Planners. The new one for Fall 2018 has beautiful, rich neutrals that are perfect for everyday or for more dramatic looks. It’s also AMAZING for traveling.
If you want a little pampering:
- I have this Slip Silk Pillowcase and it is a great way to treat your skin and your hair while you sleep. It also stays cool when you sleep, so I’ve really liked that!
- I’ve also been really wanting to get a GloPro and try it. I’ve had Micro-Needling done at the spa but I’d be interested to see how well at-home needling works. I see nothing but good reviews about the GloPro products and the founder’s skin (I follow her on Instagram) is ridiculously stunning!
Everything I’ve shared in the collage is available at Neiman Marcus at the Somerset Collection, who was also kind enough to send me the gift bag (which I’ll show you on Instagram today!). So if you’re local, be sure to stop in this weekend and check out a few of my favorite counters: Trish McEvoy, Laura Mercier and Tom Ford. Happy weekend!
Shop the Post
Vintner’s Daughter Active Botanical Serum // GloPro Essentials Set // Oribe Serene Scalp Treatment // SLIP Silk Pillowcase // Tom Ford Cheek Color in Frantic Pink // La Mer The Concealer // CHANEL Le Rouge Crayon De Couleur (favorite colors: Cassis, Warm Rosewood & Cool Plum) // Laura Mercier Boheme Chic Eye Clay Palette // Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara // AERIN Rose Body Wash