I know this looks like I caved to the #NSale pressure, but in the polls I’ve done, I actually had several people say they’d be interested in my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale picks (thank you to those who said that and are actually interested!). I also had people tell me that they liked what I did last year, which was 2 posts: one when the sale started and one when regular access opened. Since, as of this morning, everything seems to be in stock, this post is my overall top 10 sale picks. Truth be told, I didn’t wake up at 2 AM like I saw some people do, but instead these are my top 10 through first impressions and things I’d buy if I was shopping today.
Why am I not shopping today? I don’t have a Nordstrom card, and I really don’t believe in having several store cards. It makes more financial sense for us to have the cards we use and rack up those points for flights and things, rather than have a slew of store cards. That’s personal preference here, I’ve shared that before, but in case you’re new here, that’s why I don’t shop early.
My Top 10 Sale Picks
- I love these Zella leggings and would buy them at full price any time, so if I can get them on sale, even better! They’re my favorite for tucking into boots in the fall, along with wearing them as workout wear.
- Theory Plaid Coat/Top: This reminds me of the one seen on Meghan Markle several months back, so this is actually the piece I got most excited about when I saw it on the catalog.
- I’m dreading coat weather at the moment, but I’d love to add another colorful coat to my closet this year and this purple one from Badgley Mischka is beautiful (I also like this blue one too).
- There are some things I hate paying full price for and pajamas are one of those things. This set (in 4 colors) is a great sale buy, and it comes in a version with shorts, as well.
- I used to have a collection of buttondown or “work” shirts but that has sort of dwindled over the years. This Trouve top has a pretty wrap to it and I think it would be a great one with jeans or with black pants for work.
- I miss my Tory Burch Reva flats but I saw these Benton style flats and they’re SO close the Revas! I used to wear mine to work a lot, as well as with easy outfits on weekends. They’re a great closet staple.
- I wear my Vince mules all the time and they were definitely a splurge. There’s a new version that is part of the sale and they come in both nude and black.
- There are some good beauty buys in the sale. I rarely buy things in a set just because I’m kinda picky, but I do love this Charlotte Tilbury lip set. In case you missed it, see my Charlotte Tilbury experience that I posted about last week in this post.
- If you’ve been wanting to try white boots (which I think you should because I already have a pair and love them), these are a great pair to try. The pair I have is not from Nordstrom, but you can shop them here in a few sizes.
- I keep my jewelry pretty simple, so I looked for a few more easy pieces that would be good for everyday and I found a few pair that I liked: these ear crawlers (trendy but not TOO trendy), cubic zirconia studs, and these Kendra Scott earrings, which are more of a statement (in 3 metal colors), but I have the solid ones in silver and they go with SO many things.
Okay with the earrings, that pushes me over 10 picks, but these are my top choices on initial glance of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I’ll do another post next week when public access opens and everyone can shop – including me!