I hope you all had a great weekend!
This week kicks off a lot of fun holiday content and conversations, and our group is really excited to be continuing the Mommy Monday series on every Monday from now till Christmas!
It’s perfectly fitting to start off The Stylish Mama’s Guide to the Holidays with one of my very favorite shops, BURU. Morgan, the fabulous founder of BURU, continues to outdo herself every season with their BURU White Label collection and the holidays are no different. There are embellishments, bright colors and the top I’m wearing has FAUX FUR CUFFS! It’s a surprising and super subtle detail that I absolutely love because it is incredibly wearable. I plan on throwing this on with a blanket scarf and distressed jeans for a casual day, or even tucking it into a skirt for a holiday event.
Our Mommy Monday group wanted to kick off this series by sharing some tips for keeping your cool, staying sane and making the holiday season easier. We all are overwhelmed with all of the things on our calendars and to do lists, but we all wanted to share what we’re doing to make it all doable!
My top 3 tips for styling sane during the craziness of the holidays:
- Take 30 Minutes a Day for YOU // I’m kind of terrible at this some days, but I do think it’s really important. For me, most of the time, that 30 minutes will be a workout. I know that in 30 minutes I can take a quick ride on my bike, listen to great music and just get a break. I also try my best to reassure myself that nothing THAT bad can happen in the 30 minutes of my “break” and when I’m done I can handle whatever may be happening in my inbox or upstairs in my house!
- Plan Ahead & Let Everyone Know It // We’ve been using our calendar in our breakfast room as our main center for “what’s happening.” It has all of the boys activities on it, special days at school, snack days, etc. It keeps us on track and also has been helpful with Jackson especially when we need to get him excited for something OR show him that something exciting isn’t for a little bit longer!
- Enjoy It All and Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff // It’s a high pressure time of year, but don’t let that get to you. So maybe your cookies don’t turn out perfectly or your toddler pours grape juice on his perfectly matching outfit for meeting Santa. It’s not always easy but try to laugh it off and make the very best of every situation. The memories aren’t necessarily the perfect ones, but the ones you laugh at and enjoy the most. Perfection is, quite frankly, a waste of time. Imperfection is reality and we all should strive for at last just a little bit of it in everything because THAT is where the individuality and personality of each family comes in!
Head over to the other ladies blogs today to check out their top tips for staying sane and making the holiday seasons easier, and stay tuned for more Mommy Monday holiday posts!
- Ali at Inspired By… Blog
- Mireille at City Peach
- Katie at Life with a Dash of Whimsy
- Tiffany at Tiffany Style Blog
Shop the Post
Shop More BWL Holiday
Photos thanks to Tosha Cole Photography