Since we’re in the middle of summer, I thought it was fitting for my 3 favorite face sunscreen products to be my next in series of “3 Favorites.”
Over the last few years, I’ve really gotten big into sun care. I lather my kids up in sunscreen and do the same for myself. I also wear a rashguard at the pool, along with a big hat to cover my face. Needless to say, I’m pretty darn pale all the time, but I do it because I really want to protect myself from aging my skin, as well as skin cancer.
The sunscreens I’m featuring today are all ones that I use on my face. I’m more particular about those products than the ones I use on my body (which is usually a Coppertone SPF 35 or SPF 50 spray). I see them as part of my skincare routine, and I take more care when choosing them. So without further ado, here are what I think are the best face sunscreens:
My Favorite Sunscreens
- Why I like this product: This is a really lightweight, oil-free sunscreen that is absolutely perfect to wear under your makeup. It doesn’t leave any white residue or indication that you’re wearing it, it’s just a smooth, nearly weightless application. It actually also has Vitamin E and a brightening complex, so it is good for your skin too!
- When I use it: This is an every day product for me (you can see more about how I use it in my latest video). It’s part of my routine, as it goes on really well under makeup. It is 100% a product that I will restock as soon as I go through a bottle.
Want to try this one? Use the code HSS20 for 20% off of the sunscreen and any other full-priced Colleen Rothschild products through 7/25.
- Why I like this product: When I need or want a higher SPF for an active day outside, this is the product that I choose. It also has moisturizer and anti-aging ingredients to help combat against fine lines and wrinkles and improve hydration – which is great for when you’re out in the sun. It also does feel really good on your skin and is a fluid formula, so it’s pretty light.
- When I use it: I like to think of this product as my “active day” sunscreen. I don’t really like to wear it under foundation, but it does go great under a BB Cream, which is how I will wear it.
- Why I like this product: I love that this is a product for kids that works great on adults, as well. It offers a high SPF, is water-resistant and great for pool days. I also feel good that it is a sensitive skin formula, so I know it’ll be better for my skin – since it is meant for a baby’s very sensitive skin.
- When I use it: This is my pool day sunscreen. You’re probably asking why I need different “active day” sunscreens and pool sunscreens, and maybe I don’t but I do specifically use this when there’s water play involved. I also use this on both of my boys when we go swimming, so I feel very comfortable that we’re covered, water proofed and good to go for the day!