It’s supposed to snow here today, but I could not be more ready for spring to show up. We got a few days with temperatures in the high 50’s and lots of sunshine and then it went back to this gloominess, and that spring tease is just not fair! I’ve (finally) decided to give up on winter shopping and just move toward spring in hopes that this weather is going to change soon.
Today I’m partnering with CUSP at Neiman Marcus at the Somerset Collection to share my favorite trends for Spring and showing how to wear them. The CUSP department is going to be hosting their seasonal event this month and that kicks off on March 9. You’ll find a gift with purchase and various events at NM stores. Stay tuned for more details to come on that in the next week!
Below I’m highlighting my top 3 spring trends and lots of things that you can find in store right now. I’ll also be highlighting more in the coming week or so, because I kind of did some shopping (oops) and am excited to share more spring with you. So come shopping with me and see what I found – and then make some plans to get your spring shopping on at Neiman’s!
I’ve committed to getting dressed for work every day, even the days I’m just at home, so I’m really happy that this upgraded shirting is a trend. One of the easiest outfits for me is jeans, some sort of button-down shirt and heels. I always feel put together and ready to go in case I need to run to a client meeting or even a lunch date with Clint. I think I actually get more work done when I’m dressed up.
So the shirting trend this season is an upgrade from the basic button-down. It’s shirts that have unique details, different lines (like off shoulder!) and I’m seeing lots of stripes that I like – which is another trend that should never go away!
My Top 3 Picks:
- If I’m going to invest in a shirting style this season, it is going to be a Caroline Constas top. This one is my absolute favorite. But all of them are so chic and sophisticated and I love the off shoulder styles.
- I love a good shirtdress and this one from Elizabeth and James is a great upgraded basic. It’s a great brunch dress but could also be good for work if you’re more business casual.
- For an option under $200, I love this BCBG Max Azria ruffled shirt. It’s a great way to dress up an outfit for work and would also look great with blue or white jeans.
This is another super wearable, attainable trend that you’re going to love this spring. Neutrals can be shades of white and cream (mixed together, they don’t have to match!), along with earthy tones like soft olive greens and shades of tan and terra cotta.
Because I still can’t get enough of athleisure and weekend wear, I found that this trend translates really well into those pieces. As someone who wears a lot of black workout gear, I think adding white, texture and some neutrals would be really refreshing for spring – especially as we can get outside a little more!
My Top 3 Picks:
- This I have this ALO Yoga pullover in another color but it’s great in white and is another perfect way to neutralize your athleisure look. Also, check out these white leggings.
- These MICHAEL Michael Kors sandals are a great neutral heel option. They’ll go great with white jeans and dresses all throughout the summer. Plus they’re $160, which is very reasonable for the amount of wear you’ll get out of them!
- I think Self Portrait dresses are always so pretty and feminine. I love this neutral style with the lace cape over the shoulders.
The first thing that came to my mind when I saw “embellishments” on a trend list was sequins, beads and lots of other things that aren’t necessarily kid-friendly. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love how that all looks but on a day-to-day basis it isn’t exactly practical for me.
What I was wrong about is that it’s not just about the beading. It’s about adding sparkle, detail and interest with things like piling on jewelry or a cool fringe trim. Now, if I get to dress up for something, you can count on me getting a little more sparkly, but I love how this trend translates to everyday too.
My Top 3 Picks:
- This Tularosa jacket is quite possibly the perfect “everyday embellishment piece.” It’s got fringe and a cool trim detail, which pairs perfectly with your favorite jeans and tee.
- These embellished sandals are the perfect spring/summer party shoe. I think they’d be perfect with summer dresses or to throw in your suitcase for a tropical spring break now!
- For another everyday wearable embellished dress, try this embroidered Veronica Beard dress. I love it for summer dinners out or even casual nights at home where you just want to wear something pretty. Cocktail party? I’d pick this Alice + Olivia dress.
Shop the Post
Photos thanks to Olga Gamburg Photography
Thank you to Neiman Marcus for partnering on this post