This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc., Circle Foods LLC, and Pinnacle Foods Group LLC. All opinions and text are entirely my own.
With both of our boys in school/daycare, homework for one, an early bedtime for the other and endless activities for everyone popping up here and there, weeknights around here are pretty darn crazy. No matter how busy we are, one of the things that we always make time for is having dinner as a family.
We’ve also been focusing on wholesome meals that give us energy to keep up with everyone. Jackson has been learning about the food groups at school, so we are constantly quizzed about what (and how many) groups we’re eating and if things are healthy or unhealthy. Needless to say, it has been easy to encourage him to eat lots of vegetables and fruits lately so he can brag about it at school!
As you all have seen from me here on the blog and on my Instagram Stories, we LOVE to cook. I also love to plan a week of meals that mixes in nights for us to prep new, complex recipes, as well as nights for leftovers or quick recipes we make up on the fly.
On a quick run to Walmart, I picked up a few ingredients that I knew would be versatile for several meals throughout the week and that included the bold flavor of Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing along with Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken and TortillaLand® Flour Tortillas.
With these and a few other dinner-ready ingredients on hand, this protein-packed, flavorful bowl can be put together in less than 30 minutes and is perfect for an active lifestyle – and those busy nights.
I love putting together themed bowl combinations because you can do a lot of the prep work in advance and there are lots of ways to mix things up so that dinner never gets boring. One of my recent favorite combinations is this Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl, which combines fresh ingredients, lots of flavor and is so easy.
Ingredients (serves 4):
For your salad:
- 1 container of spring mix
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa (prepared using instructions on package)
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1 diced orange pepper
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes (halved, if you prefer)
- ½ cup of pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 English cucumber, cut into half moon shapes
- Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips
- Feta cheese (to taste)
- Wish-Bone Italian Dressing
For your tortilla crunch:
- 2-3 TortillaLand Flour Tortillas
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Turn on your broiler and allow to warm up
- Start by preparing your TortillaLand Flour Tortillas according to the package instructions and allow them to cool slightly
- Brush one side of each tortilla lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with Italian season, salt and pepper
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and allow to brown slightly. Check often to make sure they don’t burn
- Once browned, remove from oven and allow to cool
- Using a pizza cutter, cut each tortilla into triangle shaped quarters
- Try to wait and eat them with your bowl because they are delicious and oh so snackable!
- Warm chicken in a skillet according to package instructions and allow to cool slightly
- Dice chicken and toss with 1 Tbsp of Wish-Bone Italian Dressing (it’s gluten free and has no high fructose corn syrup so use more if you prefer!)
- Divide quinoa evenly between serving bowls
- Assemble toppings to your liking, my preference is:
- Approximately 1 cup of spring mix greens
- A handful each of chicken, peppers, tomatoes and cucumber
- Sprinkle and feta to taste (I like both A LOT)
- Finish with freshly ground black pepper and two tortilla triangles per bowl
- Drizzle entire salad with more dressing (optional)
Along with being really delicious and customizable to all the tastes in your family, this meal is bright and colorful – looking pretty impressive for a 30-minute dinner! It’s also really filling and definitely helps me keep up with the evening’s activities.
Another thing you can usually count on is that it makes great leftovers to take for lunch the next day, saving time and keeping you full and active even longer!