I really had to be sold on adding the step of an eye base to my makeup routine. It seemed completely unnecessary but, now that it is a part of my routine, I would not put on makeup without it.
Since this is now a makeup must-have for me, I thought I’d share with you a few of the best eye shadow bases that I’ve used, why you need them and when/how I like to use each one.
3 Reasons To Get An Eye Shadow Base
- It helps your products last longer // Along with lasting all day, it also makes the colors to show up better and be more vibrant and true.
- Helps keep your eyeshadow from creasing // This is especially true if you have oily lids. Using a primer will help keep your makeup in place and prevent it from running down your face by 5:00.
- You can use it for creating an easy, clean, everyday look // This isn’t necessarily true for all bases, but there are a couple (one below) that I think work great just paired with a liner for an easy eye look.
My Favorite Eye Bases
- Why I Like This Product // I like this one because it is brightening and I find that it is very light. It also lasts all day and doesn’t crease.
- When I Use It // I tend to use this product when I use lighter eye shadow colors. I also like this on its own with just some liner and mascara.
- Why I Like This Product // Two words: Staying. Power. It is much thicker than the Trish McEvoy, so keep that in mind.
- When I Use It // I like this product when I really need my makeup to last throughout a day or for a special event.
- Why I Like This Product // I like this one because it is the lightest and it has no color to it. It dries really smoothly (and quickly) and you can even use it as a base for liner on your lower lash line. It keeps everything in place
- When I Use It // This is more of my everyday base. It’s what I reach for most often when I’m wearing eye shadow during the day.