Mother’s Day is just around the corner and it’s time to start thinking of what you’re going to do to celebrate Mom and make her feel special! As part of our celebration, we go to brunch as a family but I wanted to put together something for a little “Mom and Me” tea. I loved the idea of taking a little afternoon break to just catch up, snack on some treats and celebrate Mom time.
I’ve partnered with World Market to get everything set up and share with you. To get started, I put together a color scheme of pinks and greens, inspired by these pretty Fiji Foliage Napkins, which also inspired the tropical elements in the floral arrangement. I loved adding a bright pop with this Cast Iron Teapot and keeping the dinnerware simple with clean, modern plates and cup & saucer sets.
So what’s on the menu? I tried to make things easy making plain scones using this mix (which also comes in lots of other flavors) and then creating a couple of little snacks on my own. My tea sandwiches are smoked salmon with a mint & pea spread, on wheat bread. The strawberry “tarts” are super simple, but look and feel fancy. Everything was really tasty and both recipes are below, so you can give them a try!
- 4 slices of wheat bread (white bread would also be good here)
- 1 package of sliced smoked salmon
- 1 lb bag of frozen peas (thawed)
- 10 mint leaves (optional, but delicious!)
- 2 medium cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in the food processor and process until smooth
- Cut the crusts off of bread.
- Spread one side of bread with mint & pea spread
- Top with each with a sliced of smoked salmon and top with second piece of bread
- Slice into either triangles or strips for serving.
- Frozen Puff Pastry (I used Pepperidge Farm)
- 1 cup of fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios (I liked salted)
- Honey, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Thaw puff pastry as directed and slice into approximately 3x3" squares
- Bake for 15 minutes and allow to cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle strawberries with one teaspoon of granulated sugar and set aside
- Put heavy cream in mixer and mix on high, adding vanilla and powdered sugar
- Beat until peaks form, approximately 3 minutes
- Scoop one spoonful of whipped cream on top of puff pastry square
- Top with sugared strawberries, pressing in slightly to keep them in place
- Sprinkle chopped pistachios
- Drizzle lightly with honey
Shop the tabletop:
Shop my top 10 World Market gifts for Mom (all under $50!):