Since I’m cooking so much more these days, I’m really trying to embrace the flavors of fall. Pumpkin is a little bit of a surprise for me, because I’ve always said that I don’t really like it. Truth be told, I’m not a pumpkin pie fan. It just doesn’t do anything for me and, at Thanksgiving, I’d rather the pecan pie or something chocolate (always something chocolate).
I’ve found, however, that I really do like pumpkin when it is a little bit more savory, and I’ve been experimenting with some recipes. Pinterest has been a source of inspiration and I wanted to share the top 5 pumpkin recipes that have been on repeat at our house:
- Pumpkin Waffles (also Pumpkin Pancakes)
- Pumpkin Hummus Quesadillas
- Pumpkin Fettuccine Alfredo (not as Alfredo-y as you might think!)
- Sweet Potato Soup with Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin Chocolate Crumb Cake