First of all, thank you to everyone for your kind words and support as the blog went through some changes last week! Some of the changes were planned, but most of them were not. Thanks to some help from two amazing ladies (Chloe and Blair!) everything got turned around and I’m really happy with the updates. There is also an upgraded newsletter for the site now, which you can sign up for in the right sidebar. It’ll be the usual daily posts, as you used to get before, but you’ll also get some exclusives including subscriber giveaways and special content – so sign on up!
Wear: One of my favorite things to “just throw on” is a romper. They’re just as easy as a dress, but seem to work a little bit better when it comes to flexibility, which is always what I’m looking for on days of on-the-go toddler chasing. Plus this one I love is on sale!
- Nordstrom // This is the LAST weekend of the Nordstrom anniversary sale and prices go up on August 4, so make sure you get those big deals this weekend! Check out my (many) picks here.
- J.Crew // 40-50% off final sale styles with the code TREAT. I might add this eyelet jumpsuit to my closet. I have this dress and this one and I highly recommend them – even more so now that they’re on such major sale!
- Banana Republic // 50% off select styles plus 40% off the rest of your purchase with the code BRMORE. I love these burgundy pumps, this tee (check out the detail on the back!) and this little sweater jacket.
- Saks Fifth Avenue // There are lots of great buys at up to 70% off right now! This DVF dress is now under $200, I love this LBD and this Tibi peplum (under $100!) and Tory tunic are at prices too good to resist!
- BURU // Summer sweater sale with 20% off sweaters with the code KNITS. Perfect for now and later!
Eat: I was never one of those girls who was able to do the low-carb or (God forbid) no carb diets. I need carbs or else I get cranky, just ask my husband. When I menu plan for the week, I usually do try to include a pasta night and a few of our recent success have been these zucchini lasagna roll-ups, this spaghetti and homemade tomato sauce (not nearly as intimidating as it sounds) and my favorite made-up at home combination of sautéed yellow peppers, spinach, italian sausage and parmesan with fettuccini.
Read: I was recently introduced to the website bSmart, which is a site designed for women to share their business, stories, advice and favorites. It’s a neat site with a lot of content, and you’re always welcome to contribute your thoughts to encourage and support other women. On that note, have you seen the new Pantene commercial? They make a good point. It really got me thinking of how many times I say “sorry” throughout the day. Yeah, I’m going to stop doing that.