|Monogrammed tote c/o Cinco Powell|
For some reason, summer “on the go” days seem busier than just about any other season. With the combination of the nice weather, lots of traveling and a seemingly endless to do list for the house, work and Jackson, things sure are (good) crazy right now.
When I go to leave the house for a day of work meetings, combined with errands (preferably on a “Jackson in school day”), my bag is packed with a whole variety of things so I don’t have to make a stop at home. It’s usually a fairly heavy bag but at least I’ve streamlined the contents enough to get down to just carrying one bag.
Here’s what I’m taking with me in my everyday bag right now:
- MD Moms Sunscreen Wipes – As I mentioned in this post, I love these for Jackson but I also like to use them for myself because they’re so easy and gentle on your skin.
- Makeup Touch Up Kit: This brand new Truffle clarity clutch (c/o) is so sleek, and it is the perfect size for some on-the-go makeup essentials. I always carry Aquaphor, concealer and a couple of lipsticks with me. In the summer I often have these little oil absorbing sheets, cream blush and a travel size mascara, for melted makeup touch ups.
- Sunglasses: These are currently my favorites, but I also like to keep this colorful pair in my car as a backup.
- iPad: I use a few apps on here for to do lists and organization, so I almost always have it with me!
- Book: I just finished The One and Only and started The Vacationers this week. I’ve been really trying to read more so I try to keep my book with me, just in case I have a free moment!
- Hair ties: If you have thick hair, these are the best, and I always keep a few handy.
- Planner, business cards, my favorite notepads and laptop: I love these notepads from Levenger for keeping client, blog and personal to do lists organized. This is also my first Graphic Image planner and I know I’ll be buying one for 2015 too.
- Minimergency kit: I got this as a fun little gift and it’s really great to carry around in case of, well, a lot of things. There is a bandaid, stain remover, lip balm, dental floss, a mending kit and lots of other little things you just might need.
- Pashmina: I’m always cold, so no matter how small or large my bag may be, there’s always one with me.
- Tieks – Because there’s no way this mama can sport heels all day long! I’m loving this neon pair for a pop of color this summer.
- Mom stuff: I do always have a few snacks along with a diaper and pack of wipes with me too, just in case I get a call from school that requires a child pick-up!
I also never leave the house in the morning without a bottle of water and some coffee. Lately, I’ve been choosing the light and cool low calorie coffee + milk Bottled Starbucks® Iced Coffee over ice as my caffeinated beverage of choice. It’s been really easy to just grab a bottle and go (especially since I’m normally on the verge of being late as I’m running out the door!) and even pick up another one at the grocery store when I’m out and about.